Wednesday 17 October 2012

How times have changed.

The other day at work I was involved in a review of an individual whom I share a responsibility for. I wont say what my job involves as it is not important , nor relevant. Prior to this review I was reading through the notes of the initial assessment carried out on this individual and one thing stuck out more than any other.
In the section titled 'strange & unusual behaviour' the initial assessor had written, "talks about GOD". I was quite taken aback by this. Since when has talking about GOD been considered 'strange & unusual' ? When I thought about it I came to the conclusion that in reality I was not really surprised by this because this is the direction society is drifting in as it offloads its creator and replaces Him with its own laws and morality. The world will reap what it sows, we only need look to Israel as an example of what happens when one casts off the LORD.

Isn't it strange when a bloke can wear a dress , put make up on and carry a handbag only to be called a 'practicer of an alternative lifestyle'?

Isn't it strange when a woman can have a live baby extracted from her womb because she doesn't want the baby, only for this to be called 'Choice'?

Isn't it strange when one can smear a canvas in 'Poo' or saw a cow in half and it is referred to as 'art'?

Should I go on or do you get my point?

I, as a normal person graduating from the University of life with a degree in common sense, consider all the above to be 'Strange , Unusual & even improper' I do not consider talking about the Creator of the Universe to be in the slightest bit odd, rather I think it odd that someone actually believes that they descended from monkeys that descended from slime that somehow evolved from a rather large explosion in a cosmos that somehow existed ????? Let us look to the Word of the LORD for direction and also for a warning to those whom mock His statutes. Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5 v 20.

FATHER, through the LORD JESUS CHRIST I ask that you will prosper all those strange and usual people whom call on your name, that you will sustain them and show yourself strong on their behalf. I ask that you will give them wisdom when challenged by the spiritually blind and that you will give sight to those whom are spiritually blind. Amen.




No comments: